Arden Song
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 03:30 AM
Arden Song
Alaska 25 White Lotus Owner
LITTLE DO YOU KNOW

PLAYED BY Ori

BERRIES 960

POSTS 199

Every morning at 6 AM the White Lotus opens.

And every morning it doesn't get easier.

But that's life. And life always goes on.

But the anxieties never stop.

Arden was sitting on a stool at the bar against the window. She had her fingers wrapped around the hot mug in front of her, relishing in the warmth. She always took this time in the morning before her coworkers showed up, before her first customers arrived to just think.

As a single mother, she had a lot to think about. Mainly the well-being of her daughter. She pursed her lips. 'Technically I have help now,' she thought as her mind flashed over to Jason. The situation between them was still strange. They were old lovers connected by their daughter. But they were both still hesitant for anything more. 'For very good reasons,' she added.

Arden stayed lost in her thoughts for awhile, barely noticing that the street was beginning to fill up with cars as the early birds made their way to work, or to get a cup of joe.

The familiar chime of the front door rang in the air. And like a conditioned stimulus, she turned her head to greet the newcomer.

"Good morning."

CODE
anxiety/stool/car
PM
^
Grayson Montes
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 03:18 PM
Grayson Montes
Alaska 30 Pokemon Ranger
The Lonely Warrior

PLAYED BY Silvie

BERRIES 5

POSTS 50

Grayson walked to work today. It was a part of their ritual, their routine. They got up each day before the dawn and meditated prior to getting ready to greet the day. Today, however, they chose to deviate slightly from their usual route of heading straight for the gym complex and detoured to a nice looking café. They had been feeling a bit under the weather lately and decided a steaming cup of tea was just the thing they desired.

Pushing open the door, they weren't expecting the instant greeting, though they supposed they should have. Most people they encountered were rather polite, especially those in businesses.

"Good morning." The café possessed a homey atmosphere that they rather enjoyed. It seemed like one of the sets out of a cliché rom-com where two people meet and find love or some other such nonsense. They had learned long ago that love did not come so easily and no amount of wishing on a star would change that.

Idly, their left hand trailed down to the knife sheath along their hip before quickly lowering it fully to their side. There was no need to scare the employee with their idle habits as they looked over the menu. The ranger badge sat next to it on their belt, flashing in the light.

"Do you have any recommendations on your teas?" They had plenty of time until they needed to arrive at the gym to assist in opening for the day. It couldn't hurt to take a few minutes for themself.

Prompts:
I walked to work today.
love, star, knife
PM
^
Arden Song
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 09:55 PM
Arden Song
Alaska 25 White Lotus Owner
LITTLE DO YOU KNOW

PLAYED BY Ori

BERRIES 960

POSTS 199

Arden slid off her stool after she greeted the customer. She left her mug by the window as she made her way to behind the counter to put on her apron. She tied her hair up into a ponytail and washed her hands in the sink. She swayed slightly to the piano in the background. She usually preferred soft tunes for her mornings.

"Hm, teas," she mumbled to herself, leaning forward on the counter. "I'm personally a fan of jasmine, so Weedledee Dum is my favorite." And in her opinion, the best on Earth.

"It has a nice hint of peach to it too," Arden added. "But if you're going for something caffeinated, Tactics is the strongest black tea we offer." It was early in the morning, so people usually went for something stronger. Arden did have a stash of an Irish Breakfast tea she was planning on putting on the menu sometime, but people usually drank it with milk because of how strong it was. She recalled how jittery it made her daughter after a cup.

"But otherwise, all of our teas are excellent," she stated with confidence. It was a cheesy statement, she knew, but she truly enjoyed all the teas on the menu. After all, she spent weeks taste testing to put together her menu.

CODE
confidence/piano/earth

PM
^
Grayson Montes
 Posted: Dec 29 2016, 08:06 PM
Grayson Montes
Alaska 30 Pokemon Ranger
The Lonely Warrior

PLAYED BY Silvie

BERRIES 5

POSTS 50

It had to be done. Outside the course of their chosen professions, decisions never came easily to Grayson. They were far too wishiwashi when it came to what they wanted. It almost always resulted in some internal battle. To simply go with the flow or decide for themself. In the end, they often concluded that sacrifice was for the best.

"Hmm. However, this time wasn't nearly as serious. Eyeing the menu, their gaze passed over the coffee section in favor of the tea. The suggestion had been between the Weedledee Dum Green Tea and the Tactics of Espeonage Black Tea. They chuckled to themself at the latter.

"I think I'll go with the Tactics of Espeonage Black Tea, please. Maybe it will give me the push I need to get through the day in one piece." Their commentary likely went over the woman's head, which was fine. The cloak and dagger routine was quite dated.

"Thank you for your earlier suggestions. You seem proud of your selections. Are you the owner, by chance? They watched, intrigued as the employee busied herself with her request, moving to take a seat at one of the nearby stools.

Prompts:
It had to be done.
coffee, sacrifice, battle

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll