HOME PLOT GUIDE CLAIMS CODES CBOX LOG IN REGISTER

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Guest, Caitlin/Rhia
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 1 2017, 03:14 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

Everything was black. She could feel herself waking up, each part of her body becoming aware of another. Her eyes stayed shut. She didn't need to look over at the alarm clock on a bedside unit to tell that it was too early. The time didn't feel right in her body which was questioning why sleep had finished now. It ebbed away slowly but there was no energy to make a swipe at reclaiming it. Sounds from the street many floors below didn't sound like morning sounds. Cars were too few, as was the amount of protesting horns sounding from the slow crawl of traffic. What little sound of actual people that could be heard was minor. A call from the last few revellers heading home from a bar perhaps. Her left eye lids parted a crack, vision being restricted to a blur of shapes prior to solidifying proper. Through a parting in the curtains, Caitlin noted that the skyline was dark. Blacks, with deep blues speckled with the lights of signs and rooms in other buildings.

Pulling her eyelids open fully and adjusting her back's position on her pillows, the Gym Leader wondered why she had woken up so early. Her body ran like clockwork, getting up when needed and it hit the hay just as fast. Mentally going through her schedule for tomorrow (actually, that day considering the time) Caitlin knew that she was free all day. Why not stay longer in bed? Why wake up? The most important question was why not go back to sleep? The question was answered by a noise that sounded like hands clobbering at her door. Somebody was trying to get in? Not always a wise choice. Houses tended to have at least one Pokemon in them and they were as likely to be there for security as much as they were a pet. Criminals normally ran with a low effort, low maintenance Pokemon like a Koffing or a Ratata for breaking in. They were going to be in for a shock with this apartment's inhabitants. Associate stirred in his pile of cloth at the foot of Caitlin's bed. It had been arranged like a nest, the cloth tucked in at the edges. The duck Pokemon placed his leek into his beak.

Associate was well trained. He could have been left to deal with the interloper by himself and Caitlin could have gone back to sleep. A quick succession of two flashes of light and a rumbling noise on top of a cabinet took place. Grabbing the phone, Caitlin swiped the surface and read that these texts had been just two of a number from the same phone. She squinted, putting two and two together. She knew who was at the door. The situation had become less troubling and something different altogether.

Caitlin turned the covers over, swinging her legs over the side. She was wearing a simple black cotton vest and jogging bottoms, clothing that doubled as gym wear or bed wear when she was lazy. Moving across her bedroom in four strides, the Gym Leader pushed the door open and Associate wobbled afterwards. His leek was wedged between his chest and the fore feathers of his right wing. The door opened up into the main room of Caitlin's apartment. A kitchen and living quarters were combined into one with panoramic glass windows arrayed around the sides. The lights were currently off, the furniture just vague, dark outlines to be navigated around. Grabbing the door handle, Caitlin pushed it open and expected for the door to meet some kind of resistance and stop. It did not, but the noise did end just before the door swung open.

She lent into the wooden frame of the door, crossed her arms and chewed the edge of her lip. "You know, this reminds me of another surprise guest from my time when I was travelling." Caitlin drawled, "He was a trainer, like me. When it came to battles, he would always show up unannounced. From a bush, from a dumpster. He would lock eyes with you and yell his challenge at you. He was not a bad guy but he certainly had issues socially. What am I trying to say, just like that trainer is that you could have just asked. Or knock. You did not need a lock pick."
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 1 2017, 03:53 PM
Rhiannon Alcott
California 28 Cyber Warfare Engineer
Im sick of the government reading but never liking my statuses

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

user posted image
(Caitlin better not leave her windows open)
"Versy. You trashbag. Why are you- this is why I never take you out on missions, tu le sais?" (You know that?) "The whole point of this-" The woman tapped her Altaria's beak lightly with a bent metal tool. "-is that you get in without slamming the door down. No don't- merde-" Rhia sighed as the Altaria grabbed the tool away from her with its beak, shaking her head playfully before dropping it the green material of her jacket, pulled around her body and across her lap, landing with a muted thud. "Dubloon is rolling in his grave, you hear me? Oui. I went there. No, nonono, don't-" The Altaria's eyes welled with tears, as though it had suddenly realised it was being told off, or probably more due to the fact that Rhia had swiped back her lockpick and was about to start doing something other than give Versy her utter devoted attention. "Okay désolé désolé (sorry). Have it." Rhia offered the soft blue bird the too again, which it happily took, and... didn't chirrup happily? It clearly knew it was SUPPOSED to be quiet. Rhia mockingly narrowed her eyes at the bird. "Get under my skirt and behave for like, 30 seconds. That's all I need. I wouldn't need nearly as much time but she's paranoid and changes her locks with delightful regularity..." she paused, her ears picking up on the sounds of feet padding on plush carpet. Frowning, she dug out another lockpick, a backup.

Versy probably woke up half the apartment complex. Rhiannon briefly wondered whether Caitlin would wait to catch her making more noise, and decided to reach forward and start picking again. As she leaned forward however, the door opened, leaving her hand suspended in midair.

Rhia's expression was not guilty at all.
The Altaria peeked out from under her owner's skirt and up at Caitlin before huffing and retreating back under the dark green swathes of material. Apparently she hadn't quite comprehend what was happening. Standard.
"Caitykins~" Rhiannon looked up cheerfully and smiled, "You look wonderfully bright and awake. Hello Associate darling. Similarly chipper. Would you mind stepping outside for a moment and closing the door? You've inconveniently interrupted me breaking into your house, tu vois?" (You see?)
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 04:48 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

"Rhiannon" Caitlin replied. It felt odd to finally put a name to this person who she had been seeing a lot of lately, rather than just referring to her as 'that lady' as if she was a background actor in a television series. "Thank you. You look ... you look ... different." That was as eloquent as she could put it given the time of day. Caitlin only had prior experience to go off (which was never a completely accurate measure of future results, she was aware) but this was not her normal wear. That was hooded jumpers, converse shoes with torn lips and holes. That with a black t-shirt showing a band or a whiskey brand was as close as there was to a hacker uniform, right? Rhia's attire was not fitting of these two points, nor her wistful personality. However it did hint at her wealthy heritage. All of that shimmering, dark green cloth was something worn for a public event instead of a night on the computer.

She noted a large bump underneath the streams of cloth that didn't fit the shape of a human body. Closer inspection revealed wisps of cloud and light blue hide. That must have been the Altaria they had spent a whole afternoon looking for when then last saw each other. Caitlin had been so intent on leaving that she hadn't gotten a good look at the creature. Shoeing a fold of cloth to the side with her foot, the Gym Leader revealed the plump form of the Pokemon. It seemed smaller than the breed was normally, not that Altaria's were ever huge. "Versailles, I presume?" she addressed to the Pokemon, prior to turning back to its owner, "You said she was shiny. And gold. She is neither of those."

Associate waddled between Caitlin's legs, flourishing his leak. Noticing that his trainer was not in any danger and the person splayed in front of them was not going to be a bother, his vegetable was lowered. As he did this, the Farfetch'd spotted Versailles hiding underneath Rhia's dress. He quacked and gingerly stepped over the folds of material to pursue the dragon. Once in place, Associate brought his leak out, wrapped both wings around it and gently poked the body of the Altaria. It was an unknown and he had to assess it.

"I could just invite you over the threshold but what would be the point in that?" the Gym Leader said. She was not going to take the chance of being stuck outside due to a bent paperclip though. Her hand reached out back into the room, to a unit right next to the door. Hooking her keys around her forefinger, Caitlin stepped out of the doorway and closed it. "The dress does not seem like ... you"she mentioned, moving out of the way so that Rhia could continue with her task, "Have you come from somewhere?"
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 4 2017, 01:55 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

Rhiannon’s eyes darted to meet Caitlin’s directly, momentarily, at the sound of her name.
Bizarre. Electric.
The unintended effects of withholding your identity.
Hearing it at four in the morning a solid seven months after you first appeared in someone’s life. Introduced being an inappropriate term. As if the word Rhiannon hadn’t been spilling liberally from the lips of well-wishing insolent strangers for the entire evening. She’d played herself.

The eye movement was largely involuntary, a shock, but there was plenty of time to suppress any other telling responses – tingling awareness be damned. There were thousands of vulnerabilities in intimate human interaction, and Rhiannon had no intention of allowing further levels of vulnerability while Caitlin was still stuck on the whole Alcott concept. That was quite enough vulnerability for a decade at least. Caitlin knew Rhiannon was attracted to her, Rhiannon had never pretended otherwise, she had always made that playfully plain. But that didn’t mean she had to know the extent of that attraction, or the power Caitlin had over her. Or her voice.

Relax. The woman told herself, grinning lightly as Versailles was gingerly revealed. Caitlin hadn’t even seen the shorts yet. The jacket was so much more… Dragon, without the shorts. But the combination was what made the outfit fun for her. You showed up at 4am. She’s already on the back foot. Although less of the back foot than I thought… But then, what did I expect? Given her extra currics. Sometimes, especially when Caitlin was right in front of her, it was easy to forget that Caitlin wasn’t always as perfectly timed and scheduled as her calendar would have you believe.

“What ever could you mean, different?”
The woman retorted playfully, holding the hem of her jacket and wiggling it so it crested in jadeite waves over at Versy, who squeaked indignantly and swept out against it with a wing to try and block the material. “I think you’re hallucinating, I am actually dressed as a Raichu. Your brain, sleep deprived, has done the exact opposite of what everyone else’s brain does and has constructed this outfit to make my appearance less offensive to your eyes. You have great taste, by the way. Green is definitely my colour. Well – all colours look great on me, I guess. Except silver, which makes me look like an extra from an early noughties Kylie Minogue video.” Versailles looked up at Caitlin for a moment when it was addressed, before blinking up at Rhia with its long lashes. Were it human, you could have taken the slow blinking as some indication of confusion or request for clarification… As it was, the dragon was probably just waiting to be let inside. “Versy.” Automatic correction. Of course Caitlin used full names. “I said she’s shiny. As in my shiny. I didn’t remotely mention her colour.” Her conversations with Caitlin were etched blazingly into her brain. “Which is more a concept of personal value than actual shininess as a characteristic. Besides, don’t you think it’s a bit on the nose for me to have a gold altaria, gauche even? But ça ne fait rien, that wasn’t what I was thinking of when she was chosen- oh. Bien.” Rhiannon was interrupted as Associate started clambering around the folds of the skirt of her jacket in order to assess Versailles. No small feat, given that she was making waves of the material, but the bird managed it with only marginal ducking. Ha. Ducking.

“Invite me over- We neeeeeed to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Seriously.” Rhiannon sighed, keeping an eye on the two Pokémon as Caitlin stepped out, keys jingling. The door closed behind her, locking automatically, as Versailles sniffed at the leek uncertainly. Rhiannon rolled her eyes. “It’s a vegetable you big baby, it won’t hurt you.” Ironic, given previously established eating habits. “It’s so cute how farfetch’d utilise their leeks~” she cooed, watching them for a moment before shifting her weight onto her knees, the cloth shifting around and spilling from her lap as she leaned forward, inserting a pick rake and picking up where she had left off. Soft clicking was barely audible over the sudden sound of a leek crunching as Versy bit into the leek. Comically, her beady eyes widened upon realising her mistake, releasing the leek from her mouth with a noise of disgust and, fluttering her wings indignantly, exited under the jacket from the other side and headed straight for the door.

Rhia was clearly used to the dramatic antics of her care Pokémon, paying no attention, her only concern her unerringly steady hands. She turned the handle after the final soft click, just in time for the small blue dragon to stalk through the gap, batting it further open a dramatic flourish of its wings. Its owner sat back against her heels again, watching her Pokémon stalk towards the living room with an expression of amusement. Unbeknownst to the bird, the small tool had fallen out of the keyhole and, in its haste, had fallen into the generous plumage of the Altaria. “Versyyyy-“ Rhiannon called. “-You have my…” she trailed off, knowing the futility of calling after her, before looking up at Caitlin. “…Never mind. Help me up, s'il vous plaît? She offered her hand up to Caitlin. Her nails glittered in the soft artificial light, peach, lemon, rose, long and false.

(Gauche – clumsy, tactless, not classy.
ça ne fait rien – that doesn’t matter.
Bien – OK.
s'il vous plait - please?)
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 4 2017, 05:42 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

Ah ha. So there was some real emotion there. Rhiannon was a hard person to read. She made everything very clear, as long as Caitlin had known her. If she like or disliked something, she would tell you in loads of detail. Therein lied the issue. She gave out so much information, talked so much that it was a chore. Interacting with her was quite frankly exhausting, Caitlin thinking she had just ran a marathon. A small, pointed expression was a rarity. It was closer to how Caitlin acted and based on the information she had, likely to show vulnerability. After all the aggro Rhiannon had given Caitlin over the past months, the Gym Leader would have been kidding both of them if she said that she wasn't enjoying it so much. A sly grin ripped across Caitlin's face, the keys spinning on her finger. She made sure Rhiannon caught a look at her face. Just so she knew however small the gesture was, Caitlin saw it and knew.

"It is not a hoodie and beaten up trainers, is it?" she commented, "Paid for by Daddy?" Chortling, she shook her head. "Please, I have fought a few Raichu in my time. Trainers who think they are smart enough to clip the wings of bird with a jolt of electricity." The image of a Raichu being slammed into the floor of her gym arena played her mind, her eyes looking down the corridor reminiscing "Potentially problematic because type differences and all. Long ears and long tails are exploitable weak points. I see no tails or big ears on that outfit. Unless you have one of those garish stuffed tails hidden under the dress." Teenagers into their rock music were wearing fake Pokemon tails as a fashion trend at the moment. They were unbearable.

"You are an on the nose type of person, Rhiannon" Caitlin replied flatly, "Combine that with the money and I am shocked that your Pokeballs are not encrusted with precious gems." So it was a sentiment thing. Caitlin nodded her head, upstanding the statement as it was the same thing as nicknaming your Pokemon. "Ugh. Television? At this hour?" Caitlin moaned, her body visually drooping due to the suggestion. Noting Associate's leek getting close to Versailles' mouth, she interjected "I would not eat that, Versailles. Farfetch'd get attached to those things." This was displayed as the duck Pokemon quickly withdrew the vegetable once the other Pokemon took a bite out of it. With the fussiness of a school matron, he began taking off the stray bits of chewed leek from the shaft.

Her eyeline followed the dragon's flight into her home, eyes landing on the sprawled form of Rhiannon with her hand raised up. Caitlin felt struck to the pits of her stomach, her attraction as evident as Rhiannon's had been just moments before. "Ummmm ... sure" she mumbled, hefting her up with one firm tug of her right arm. Walking in through the door threshold, Caitlin ushered her guest in and closed the door with her foot. "Make yourself at home" Caitlin suggested, flicking on a light switch and then realising how daft that offer was.
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 5 2017, 12:36 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

Her facial expression was as pleasant as always, in contrast to her split second glances, the easygoing facade in place, but she was internally smug. If Caitlin was going to tease her about Rhia's attraction, Rhia would just make sure to play it up as much as possible. Walking into the flat, the woman was too busy restraining herself from stealing the keys to be smug back to immediately respond to Caitlin's suggestion. That and she had to check the electronic panel for Caitlin's security. Subtly. When she'd been here before she'd altered its functionality quite extensively - it responded to the signal given off by certain electronic devices in her possession, rolled itself back approximately 5 minutes, and started looping an appropriate static section of video. If Caitlin checked her CCTV later it wouldn't show anything other than Caitlin sleeping peacefully. It wasn't a perfect solution to the evidence that appeared, if someone was looking. You could identify loops. But it gave her significantly more freedom if there was an issue. A moment later, as she was removing her first shoe, she tilted her head and her eyebrows rose.

"At home? Well. If you insist I couldn't possibly refuse your delightful hospitality. And I was at my birthday party, avoiding alcohol and updating well, the universe, on my visit to ma mere's family in France. Random people are now making jokes about me being 22 because 'anything above 25 doesn't exist and you simply start counting down again!' If I hear it one more time I'm going to strangle something. I haven't had so much French practice since that rando cafe in LA. Performing Aipom. It was actually really neat, except it involved, yknow, large groups of people who got progressively drunker while I did not." Normally she was happy to get on the same level as everyone else in order to join in these sorts of events, but there were too many people around who knew her more than she knew them, and Rhiannon was not prepared to be tipsy in such a scenario. She was on her best behaviour. The tone of her voice let Caitlin know that Rhiannon had every intention of taking advantage of Cait's hospitality. Which mostly involved doing everything Caitlin didn't want her to. Because of course, one didn't behave like a guest in their own home, did they? "And the whole point of the concept is that you're hallucinating, that you don't see the reality before you, which is obviously of me with big curly ears, and the Kadabra that teleported me here is actually holding me up as I float on a surfboard version of a Raichu's tail." Rhia was PRETTY confident that was a Raichu. She kept seeing them in Hawaii, psychic Raichus were much more commonly found there than everywhere else. Admittedly, she would've spent half an hour trying to differentiate a Togedemaru from a Togepi and, upon realising it was an electric type, called it Pikachu for the rest of the day... But she knew Raichu. Probably. Was Raichu green? Raichu definitely wasn't green. She shoulda picked a green one. Bayganium? Grocko? Buderade?
Rayquaza and Flygon. Solid options.

Meanwhile Caitlin was getting misty-eyed over pokemon battles. Standard Cait.
"But yeah, sorry darling, no tail, super disappointing I know. The only thing hidden under this dress is-" like seven weapons? "-a dead body which is obviously the real reason I'm here cuz real friendus help other friendus dispose of bodies." Welp, if you weren't gonna tell the truth you can invent a fun lie. "The body is missing an arm tho, because Versy got peckish on the way over and wanted a snack." Far too casual, and, arm or otherwise, her jacket was not nearly large enough to hide a body in. "Also, you've not seen my capture devices, for all you know they ARE encrusted with gems and you've just hurt me. I'm gonna cry, because you don't like my sparkly Pokeballs. And then Versy will cry. And then we'll flood your apartment and you'll have to claim on insurance for damages and then I'll contest it in court because you're the root of the cause and when are we supposed to go on a date if we're mortal enemies in a court of law? ...Perhaps that is my plan." she paused, one shoe off, her tiptoe on the carpet. "I'll just seduce you and get it thrown out. Done. Or MAYBE." she gasped. Dramatically. Falsely. "Perhaps you insulting my Pokeballs and making me cry is your extremely roundabout way of encouraging me to date and seduce you?" Who was truly planning here?! Caitlin was VERY sneaky. Totes possible.

"Noooo not nowwwwwwww."
Rhia replied, making a face at Caitlin as she drooped. "I meaaaan, yes, 4am wooouuuld be an excellent time to watch TV because there's like, zero traffic, and I don't have anything pre-downloaded... But if you really want to commit to the marathon, you need preparation time! Snax! A pillow fort! Caffeine! Additional popcorn that is not for eating and is just for throwing at the TV when you're suffering from debilitating second hand embarrassment! Hot water bottles - and I don't think even your menagerie can entertain mine for..." she glanced up and toward the ceiling, doing a quick mental calculation. "4 days and 9 hours. OH wait. That's not adjusted for sleeping patterns. Ceeeebs. Anyway, it's serious business!" It was difficult to imagine Rhiannon taking anything seriously.

"Awww Cait." Rhiannon grinned quite evilly, starting to remove her other shoe, finally, not bothering to lean on a wall like some amateur. "If you don't like the clothes-" she started, gesturing to the entireity of her outfit. The material under the heavy jacket was little more than a light mesh of emerald-coloured stones, and there was the distinct yet distant possibility that the top required the jacket to be kept on in polite company. "I can always just take them off and lounge around your apartment completely without anything of monetary value!" Now barefoot, she picked up her shoes daintily with one hand, dangling and wiggling them meaningfully in front of Caitlin. "Although I do think such things benefit from the introduction of a single item - Perhaps I should steal your heels for it, seeing as mine don't meet your standards?"

Actually that wasn't a bad idea. Not the heels. The clothes. Not taking them off. Stealing Cait's.
Which involved taking hers off, but that wasn't really the point, although there were advantages to that journey.
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 04:48 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

"You would have just stolen the casual use of my home had I not offered it. I thought it was the smart move to just give it to you instead." Caitlin remarked, making for the kitchen area of the room, "The majority of people would not have made it past the lift." So that the pair of them and most importantly, a rambunctious Dragon Pokemon were not flapping around in the dark, Caitlin flipped a light switch on an out sticking wall at the mouth of the kitchen. A number of lights in the ceiling came to lift, revealing the room properly. There was a plush textured carpet, coloured a deep red. Three white leather sofas were arranged in the middle of the room around a glass table, which contained a bottom shelf full of neatly stacked magazines. Left open on the top level of the table was a nature magazine, showing a photos of new breeds of bird Pokemon that had been found on the other end of the country. One picture showed a family of small, black birds pecking away at a tree. The other open page had a photo of a bird with a multicoloured beak, looking disgruntled at the camera. Decoration around the room was spartan, other than a few full bookshelves.

"Although I did technically let you into my home." Caitlin said, pausing and raising a finger to her mouth in thought, "It is not like you are an intruder in that case." Opening a cupboard door at head height, she took out a glass tumbler and closed the door again. "Social gatherings make me wretch." she remarked, twisting the top of a tap and filling the tumbler, "I can just grit my teeth through them for work purposes. Once business is done, I am out of there." With the glass being full, the Gym Leader took to a leaning position with her side resting on a kitchen cabinet at the entrance of the kitchen area. "Avoiding alcohol is good. Tastes like garbage. Makes people commit daft, reckless decisions. You are putting poison into your body. People do not swig small measures of Ratata poison at mealtimes and yet swilling liquor is a-okay. Hmm" Caitlin tutted and took a disapproving swig of her water.

"Family in France? Where?" Caitlin asked bluntly, only for the novelty of having more information about Rhiannon. Blame it on how she worked, but Caitlin was continuously curious about people. Not socially, as demonstrated only moments before. Knowledge was just handy to have. "That joke sounds dreadful. Tell you what. I will join you in throttling the life out of them. Sounds like a dad joke to me." She was still on edge around Rhiannon, the mischievous tone of her voice hinting that she was going to misbehave somehow. That could be just putting her feet up on the coffee table or jumping out of the window. There was no sign of the Dragonair and they were quite high up. Good luck with that. In the door way, Caitlin noticed Associate yawn (as far as ducks could yawn). He was worn out, waking up at this hour. Caitlin gave him a small nod in the direction of their bedroom, implying he was free to rest. The duck quacked and took his leave.

Shaking her head, Caitlin knew there was no way there could've been a body hidden under that dress. A poor joke. "If there was by some stretch of the imagination, a body, under that dress then you are not keeping it in here. Take it upstairs. Let them take care of it." she advised, jabbing her glass towards the ceiling to indicate that there was something else above them. Her birds never brought their 'food' back here with them (evidence!) but she had ordered them to take care of matters on occasion. "Tacky Pokeballs are for people who are missing something in the actual pursuit of using what is inside of those balls. Merely compensating for a lack of skill." the gym leader brushed off, "The crying of you and your Pokemon can go the same place as this imaginary body. Upstairs. That is a very roundabout way of seducing you. I do not know ... I would be a bit more direct about it." She mumbled the last piece of that sentence, biting the edge of her glass.

This idea was swiftly quashed by Rhiannon's further probings. Caitlin stopped, placing the glass on a counter as she visibly gulped. Momentarily, the steel in her gaze faltered and was replaced with the look of a rabbit in headlights. "No. No. Monetary value is fine. That was not what I was saying." Caitln stuttered, pointing a finger towards a row of shoes by the door, "Sh ... shoes go over there. Mine would not fit you anyway."
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 08:53 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

As the woman passed through the threshold of the kitchen, shoes deposited, eyes casting around for her dragon, Rhiannon idly wondered if she was getting predictable.
Predictably annoying, maybe.

Although her reasons for entering this property initially were far from anything termed "casual use". They were the height of formality, at least initially. Surveillance. Information. Blackmail. Fun, yes, casual? No. Of course, the project was promptly aborted upon further investigation and a realisation of family inter-connectivity. The company that had hired her was fed the appropriate misinformation to prevent involving other people who could get what they desired, and naturally, the deal they were trying to influence had not worked out in their favour. Interestingly, if unexpectedly, the vast majority of that end result had been achieved by Caitlin rather than intervention on Rhia's part for the sake of her own interests. Which had made the gym leader much more interesting than her normal surveillance projects. And she couldn't help but regard the entire experience as a delightful coincidence ripe for the seizing. Who was she to fight against the glorious offerings of coincidence?
Still, there was a lot of room in predictably annoying. Opportunities to annoy Caitlin were vast and varied.

"Oooh~ Does this concept stand for other things I demand as well? That's a dangerous precedent to set, Caity." Rhiannon teased, walking over to the sink, where Versailles was currently perched, using one foot and waving it in front, before looking up at its owner expectantly. "Sweetness, it's not a motion sensor, you can't just-" The bird squeaked, as if it had already figured that out, THANKS, but it didn't solve the problem. Rhiannon looked across at the bird, deadpan, who stared back petulantly. "You can go outside in the cold if you're going to be a brat. I'm sure there's lots of water features in the aviary." The Altaria tossed her head, clearly unthreatened, as Rhiannon leaned over, turning the tap with one hand and cupping her other. The Altaria started drinking from the pool in her hand, delicately. The blonde tried not to laugh at the tickling sensation. Yes - Versy was that domesticated she was used to drinking from the hands of her owner. Making a clicking sound with her tongue the woman leaned over, petting the dragon absently as she drank before looking around at Caitlin. "The majority of people aren't me." She stated lightly, in that casually confident way she had. "And I would've gotten in anyway!! I was formulating fun ways to wake you up, I'm actually kind of disappointed?? I was gonna root around in your wardrobe and see if I could dress up as a demon you'd summoned from the underworld. Doesn't work on red carpets though. How am I supposed to ketchup-ise your floor with hell runes if the carpets already red? It's like you knew..." Rhiannon squinted at Caitlin with mock suspicion. (Internally: Do you think blood stains this carpet.) "Do you even possess a bottle of ketchup. Ketchup seems to close to joy food for this apartment."

For a moment she debated reminding Caitlin she grew up on a vineyard. Pointless. It wouldn't change her mind. She also debated telling Caitlin that alcohol was useful for said social gatherings. Too revealing. "You made the, uh, 'daft decision' of letting me into your flat at 4am without the influence of any alcohol, what's your excuse?" Rhia smirked, shaking her hands free of water as the dragon finished drinking and started pattering across Caitlin's kitchen tabletops, her light claws making delicate clicks. Versy shook her head as Rhia flicked water in her direction, chirping easily. "Regardless, I am shocked Caitlin, you're such a social butterfly, a magnetising force. I never would've guessed you hated parties. Also-" she trailed off for a moment as Associate wandered towards Caitlins room. Excellent. She couldn't make it seem like she knew where it was already. Darting after the bird she called behind her. "There are definitely people who swig small measures of poke-poison. I'm JUST sayin', cutie. It's deffo a thing." There was definitely a large cross-section between people who drank heavily and people who were trying to build their immunity to poisons that way, though.

"...A dad joke?"
Rhia called, having entered Caitlin's room and popped her head back out. "Oh. Like the meme. His neck isn't thick enough." To be throttled by two pairs of hands. Because that was obviously the deciding factor here. Her head disappeared for a moment before reappearing at the edge of the doorway. "It's totally his body hiding in the dress. Yknow, I figured you weren't up for disrupting the dietary schedules of your pokemon. I'm a little shocked. And also reassessing the amount I can mess with your diet. Yay!" her head disappeared again.

The farfetchd was happily settling into bed when Rhia appeared in the room. It was tired, of course, but not too tired to prevent him watching her every move. The woman poked her tongue out at the small bird cheekily before whirling over to Caitlin's walk in wardrobe, slipping inside and starting to rifle through clothing.
By rifle it meant throwing the clothes everywhere. Where the hell where her PJs? Exercise clothes? HOW COULD ONE PERSON OWN SO MANY BLAND YET EXPENSIVE-LOOKING WHITE SHIRTS? Drawers were open, doors wide. Because looking at her clothes hadn't exactly been a priority before, not like this. It had only been important to get an idea of what she wore, whether there was anything incriminating here, furry costumes or something, not whether she actually owned a comfy pair of shorts.
"Yeah yeah Caitlin." her voice was muffled as hell from inside the other room that was the walk-in wardrobe. "I'll make sure to get the grungiest most grossest yucky Pokeballs. Chuck them out of the sky a few times into death valley, get em scratched up. Authentic. As if that would do anything to change the fact your concept of skill is irr- oh!" finally. Exercise clothes. Summer wardrobe. In seconds the jacket was thrown over her shoulder and onto the chair, swiftly followed by the glittering mesh of her top.
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 03:26 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

"No. It does not." Caitlin answered, the typical unimpressed flat look on her face, "Do not push your luck. For someone who introduced themselves to me as you did, I think you should be grateful for what you have." She sighed audibly, looking away from the other woman to the counter. It was only a tease, she knew that. Rhiannon's intent behind the jibe was more weighted than most people's teases, which may have been why Caitlin was still trying to adjust to them. Or maybe it was because nobody spoke like that to her. Nobody had since she was young. Perhaps her ability to grasp humour was becoming withered and stunted. Swallowing down her pride, the Gym Leader looked back at her guest. She certainly was not going to get an apology for her host's minor snap.

"There will be no precedent. This is a one off." she reminded. Her mouth opened a might, about to say something to the effect of her coming into her home was not the one off and there was a chance for repeated visits in the future. She held her tongue, picturing how the idea would have been run off with. Rhiannon leaving a mess everywhere. Turning up and sleeping on the coach whilst she was at work. It would have been too much. Furthermore, it would have weakened Caitlin's position within the dynamic and that did not need further weakening.

Caitlin shifted a little to allow Rhiannon room to go past her and fuss over Versailles. Looking over her shoulder, the Gym Leader was surprised when she couldn't recall seeing the Dragon Pokemon flutter her way onto the counter top. She was small by the standards of the species but there should have been some kind of noise. Caitlin discarded the thought, putting the distraction down to the early hour or the constant ringing in her ears. It did make hearing quiet, small noises an effort on occasion. Having the Pokemon drinking from a pair of hands, but there were already little splashes of water landing on the counter. Caitlin made for the cupboard next to the one where she had gotten her glass and fished out a small dish, which she held in both hands waiting for the Altaria to finish its drink.

"That is true" the Gym Leader drolled, shooting a small look at Rhiannon just so the intention in her words was not missed. Nobody was like her. Now there was an understatement. "It has nothing to do with if you could get in or not. This is not a computer, a challenge for you to break into. This is my home. You will be invited in like everyone else." That list of people was small. Caitlin did not prefer to entertain at home (home life was private) and her friends were few, preferring her own company when free time was available. There were enough places out there that could play the role of host and the offices at the Gym were the places she preferred. All the better to put a chill into people with.

"I did it - uh - because you were breaking in anyway." she retorted, placing the dish down incase Versailles came back for more water, "Need i remind you what you just said. You would have found your own way in regardless, gone through my cupboard, created an awful mess and sprayed ketchup everywhere. Which is, by the way, right there next to all of the other condiments." She raised an eyebrow upon being told that people ingested small amounts of Pokemon poison, shaking her head. "In that case, I wish the poison would do its job. Or I wish they would take the leap and ingest more. Natural selection everybody." Caitlin yelled after her. It was not that far from what she was already aware of. Caitlin had heard of people smoking parts of certain Grass Pokemon and using Psychic Pokemon for recreational uses.

Keeping an eye on the Altaria as it marched down the length of the counter, Caitlin's attention was taken when Rhiannon's head popped from the side of the doorway like a cartoon character. "I did not say that my Pokemon ate bodies." Caitlin affirmed, which was a complete lie. On occasion, her business dealings had let to certain individuals needing to be removed or persuaded. Her choice method was a single bird from the skies, which was achievable with just a bit of appropriate training or instruction. Caitlin avoided using this method unless it was totally needed. It was distant, Caitlin enjoying the act of verbally tearing someone apart herself. "They could fly it to the nearest law enforcement and let everything take its course. And please, do not cook for me. I would rather do it myself."

Versailles had now made her way to the condiments, investigating the ketchup with her big, black eyes. She must have picked up on her owner mentioning it and nudged it with her head, to no result. The Pokemon huffed, the cloud of her body shaking. Caitlin felt a sharp prod on the open skin of her arm, like a pin prick. She bit her lip and looked to the Pokemon. "What?" she hissed, scowling at the bird, "What was that, Rhiannon? I cannot hear you. I think your Pokemon wants something."
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 04:57 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

"She wants attention!" Rhiannon called, regarding the pile of clothes in Caitlin's room, considering cleaning up for one, single, beautiful moment... And then deciding: fuck it. "Just distract her." Well at core it was what she wanted. Rhiannon had no idea Versailles was currently picking up the ketchup bottle, awkwardly, it was wide, before flinging it onto the floor with a thunk to see whether it would somehow take the lid off. It wasn't like Caitlin was any use. Typical. How could this woman deserve so much of Rhia's attention? The bird peered down at the kitchen floor. No good. She huffed, before glowering at Caitlin darkly, as if she was personally responsible for the entire thing.

Even her ketchup bottles were as undeserving of attention as she was.
What else did the gym leader like. Something else she didn't want on the floor.

Seconds later the mayonnaise jar joined it. Being glass - it smashed. The bird fluttered her wings cheerfully, the sound of the mayonnaise shattering echoing through the house. Versy darted off of the kitchen counter, swooping over to the sofa and perching on the back of it, surveying the tiled floor with distaste. Well. She couldn't eat THAT.

Moments later Rhiannon appeared, repinning her hair out of the way and into its style. She had managed to put on Caitlin's most colourful shorts and a tshirt that was actually drooping off of one of her shoulders. Without her layers or jackets she looked even smaller than usual. And she couldn't be bothered to undo her hair entirely, or take off her makeup. Seeing that her Pokemon was seriously considering setting the ketchup on fire from her perch, so it could join the mayonnaise, but didn't want burnt ketchup (The eternal struggle), she picked up one of the cushions on Caitlin's sofa and neatly flung it in the direction of her Pokemon, who swiped it away with one wing and onto the table. No fucks. Gesturing at the floor with her wing, she stared at Rhiannon with big shiny eyes. It seemed as though Rhiannon might tell her off, as she approached the Pokemon swiftly, but instead she picked up the Pokemon before squeezing it tightly, cooing. "You are so CUTE my darling. What did the jar do to deserve such brutal treatment, anyway? Do you have any mayo on you? Let Rhia seeee~" The Pokemon huffed, offering her a wing with nothing on it. Of course, she hated mess, and was probably convinced she was SLATHERED in glass and mayonnaise. Rhiannon, focusing on Versy alone, pretending to examine the wing and pulling up the bottom of her shirt to use as a cloth, smoothing it along her feathers (and exposing her abdomen in the process, although Rhia appeared unaware of that), trying to wipe away any offending mayonnaise flecks. The bird hummed in pleasure, because, of course, attention was all she craved. Once Rhia was mostly done she pushed herself up onto the back of Caitlin's sofa and dangled her feet there. The bird gestured toward the mayonnaise expectantly.

"I am not cleaning that." The bird glared at her. Warmly. It looked entirely different to when it glowered at Caitlin. "I will, because you're so- oh my god." Rhiannon sighed, pinching the small white cheeks of her bird and pulling her face wider, Versy clicking her beak in response. "We should replace you with politicians. It would work. I would only use my powers for the common good. World peace!" She squeezed the Pokemon again, peering around her to look at Caitlin.
Which Versy didn't like, and started to nuzzle into the crook of her shoulder to try and get Rhiannon to look at her instead.

"I'm grateful for every moment the world blesses me with your presence Caitlin, I put all my skill points in luck and here I am! I can only assume that due to my blessed status such delightful events will be in both of our paths in the near future. Perhaps Versy has summoned angels by using a white condiment instead of red, tuhduh!" Yup. She totally had their best interests at heart. Bypassing the comments about it being a one-off, Rhiannon managed to make it sound as though it hadn't been entirely her decision to come here. As though the Abra had dumped her here against her will and the lockpicks had flown from her hands. But making decisions instead of taking chances? That was probably more in alignment with Caitlin's concept of chance and luck anyway - why take your chances against an unknown trainer to get cash when you could simply make the choice and identify weak targets? Luck had nothing to do with that.

As usual, she didn't seem offended by the snapping. If she was actually looking at Caitlin in these moments when she responded to the abrasiveness, which she usually didn't, she seemed mostly to find the whole thing fun and entertaining. Perhaps Rhia enjoyed being yelled at. That would explain a lot. Maybe Tristan's reticent nature (Or, the nature Caitlin had seen) had led to his daughter committing to her incessant chatting. And yelling fell under that category?

Rhiannon's eyes quite literally slid to the side to obviously avoid her gaze as Caitlin laid out the difference between a challenge and her house. It did not exist. If anything, Caitlin's house, conceptually, was even more entangled than your average home. It gave the impression she either was plotting something, or she didn't agree that the house wasn't appropriate to break into. Both were accurate. She was literally always plotting. "Do you invite in aaaanyone who starts picking your locks, Caitykins? Because if so I'm going to have to recommend you change your security system entiiiirely, preferably into one that like, shoots some sorta tranq into your neck if you go letting in intruders." Not that there was a specific system setup for that. It was normally the other way around. Swinging her legs, the blonde started petting the bird, half dividing her attention.

"I think it's hilarious when people hurt themselves intentionally." Rhiannon replied. Her YouTube history was proof of that. "If they all died, who would make the videos? And...... I guess you didn't say that. Cleaaaarly I play too many vidya gemmmmz" She paused. Was that a good enough excuse? Oh well. Time to play the scary dragon card. "I blame Ryal. Did you know we have a mini funeral every year at Pere's house to commemorate all the Swirlix that are eaten when we aren't looking? We keep breeding them anyway, they are all over the estate. I can't differentiate them anymore... oopsy." Except her Mother's favourite. Rhia was convinced it was the same one, and hadn't been made into a snack. She tried to put a bow on it's ear to mark it but it had gotten rid of it as soon as it could. Even when she tried to make them pretty. Perhaps her mother's Swirlix was a dirty communist and didn't like standing out from the other Swirlix.
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 05:15 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

"Is that all?" Caitlin purred to herself, only half hearing Rhiannon from the other room. She obviously had no idea that Versailles was playing around with condiments but she had experience with this Pokemon, whereas Caitlin did not. It would be wise to take any prior knowledge from the owner in any training course, otherwise how could you attempt to fix anything? Correction and training was not the aim here however. It was merely keeping the Pokemon entertained whilst her trainer was busy in the other room. A doddle. This was Caitlin's bread and butter, after all. People asked her for advice all the time and paid her considerable sums of money for her services in this area. No one Pokemon was exactly the same. This was the key mistake a lot of so called trainers made. Even within the same spieces of Pokemon, each other one was just slightly different to the next. Key differences were temperament and personalities. Also, getting a Pokemon to fulfil a certain task (say, perform a move or undertake a particular function) was harder than just getting them to behave.

Caitlin edged cautiously towards Versailles, hands out as if trying to edge it into a corner. She poured off what she knew about Altarias in her mind for a lead on how to proceed. As she did, Versailles peered in her direction, tilling her head and awaiting what was going to happen next. They were a social breed, so engaging contact shouldn't be too hard. They were famous for their melodic singing and humming to the point where they were used as therapy Pokemon. Caitlin was certainly not going to sing, but humming should do the trick. From the back of her throat, the Gym Leader began a low hum, mimicking the sound of a song she heard in a taxi yesterday. It was not spot onto the original, rather just the hook that had stuck with her.

A thud and something wet on her toes. Caitlin looked downwards to see a splat of ketchup on her toes and the bottle on the floor. She scowled, standing back up to her full height and meting the Pokemon's glare with one of her own. There was a moment of silence between the two, Caitlin daring her not to do that again. Smash. Caitlin turned her foot to avoid a chunk of smashed glass, glaring at the Pokemon as it flew the width of the kitchen as if this wasn't her problem. Crossing her arms, Caitlin whistled sharply to summon Associate to deal with the mess. She really did want him to get some rest, but he had less experience with these two guests than Caitlin did. Maybe she would have a better go at keeping an eye on the two of them as well.

Eyes trained on the mess at her feet, Caitlin noticed sound coming in from the other room. "Your Pokemon is a terror. Altaria do not behave like that." she stated, turning to look at the two of them but more focused on the bird, "You do not battle. You have said before she is not a pet. So what do you do with Versailles?" A pillow landed on the floor and Caitlin's hackles grew, a vein popping on the side of her head. "Behave. Both of you." she said, moving towards the pillow, "Pokemon take after their owners. I can see where Versailles gets her nature from." Stooping down to get the pillow, her fingers dug into it furiously and placed it on the nearest empty spot on the nearest sofa. Coming back up, Caitlin was met with the sight of the woman pulling at the cheeks of her Pokemon. "Save me" she muttered, eyes rolling.

Associate crossed her path, coming to a stop in front of her. She gestured to the kitchen, where Associate waddled towards. When he disappeared behind the cabinets, a quiet, defeated quack was heard. "I summoned my Farfetch'd to clean up her mess because he is trained and understands good behaviour." Caitlin replied, "I refuse to have crap on the floor when there are Pokemon in the flat." Versailles was rubbing its head into Rhiannon's body, which she (as if on cue) reciprocated with a few pats. The Pokemon was used to getting its way, then. Caitlin noted that down.

"No. Not everyone." Caitlin said, not caring to elaborate as to why Rhiannon got special treatment as that was very obvious, "That method is too complex. I prefer a method I can train." She smirked, twirling a few locks of hair around her fingers as she imagined an intruder being mauled by a flock of birds. It had yet to happen, was unlikely ever to but damn, she enjoyed picturing it. "I would recommend a good pest controller. But if they taste good, I do not see having loads of Swirlix running around as an issue ... unless they were breeding ... and you did not like sugar."
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 01:49 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

"Wait, she's not an Altaria!?" Rhiannon mock-gasped, blinking at Caitlin. "What is she then? She's still a dragon right? Else that breeder has a lot to answer for." After all, they'd specifically chosen an Altaria because she was a dragon (As much as Tristan regarded Altarias as the weakest dragons, ignoring unevolved Pokemon. Altaria was still a dragon, which made her a superior species.) You could not have blamed Caitlin if she failed to immediately see that Rhiannon was playing innocent, considering people did genuinely ask Caitlin to identify Pokemon, and relied on her as a source of knowledge, and the blonde in front of her wouldn't be able to differentiate between a Corphish and a Krabby. Also, Caitlin's humour was delightfully deadpan, which meant this kind of teasing was too perfect.

"Appaaaareeeeentlyyyy you don't behave correctly." Rhiannon cooed to her Pokemon, continuing to pet it. "Caitykins would know, you know." The Pokemon chattered back, as though it understood perfectly what she meant. Then again, the features that Caitlin was expecting from the bird - an engagement, a predisposition to sociability, friendliness, to chatter and and sing when she was happy or when someone was distressed and would benefit from soothing, Versailles was more than happy to do with Rhia. The Pokemon just seemed to regard Caitlin's glares as nothing more than a challenge. Sure, Caitlin would have encountered a lot of Pokemon who would challenge her and negotiate with her, especially the legendary variety, but an Altaria? A care Pokemon no less? A Pokemon that was bred to fulfill a specific medical role and to facilitate their owners living their lives? Challenging was hardly in the job description. So the Altaria had to be capable, even if she simply... Refused to demonstrate it. To Caitlin. And with the cushion, to Rhia for that matter. But Rhia clearly didn't mind.

"Welllll maaaaybe a little scariness is good for a politician. Rule by fear!" The concept of the tiny cloud ruling by fear was comical, but not as unrealistic as Versailles being a politician. At this point you just suspended disbelief. And politicians at least knew how to behave. Incumbent president aside, who wasn't a career politician. "You can do it, cherie. Eet is time to look fierce. Channel your inner... rawr! Like a My Chem fan who just discovered hair dye and insta filters!" The pair scrunched their faces at each other and the bird fluttered her wings energetically, hovering in the air. ...If you weren't going to be intimidated you'd get hit in the face, I guess? Rhia looked up as Caitlin asked what the point of Versailles was, and blamed her for her nature.

"ExcuUUUUuse you." Rhia replied, inflections of cheer destroying any chance the phrase had of being proper, even polite. She managed to sound 5. "Versy has a SUPER different disposition to Ami and Roo. And don't even get me started on- Yeah." She briefly looked annoyed, just thinking about Nice. "I would never save you from this adorable monster Caitykins, you should just embrace the wonderfulness of existence. And besides, Pokemon get their natures from their Mommy and Daddy, even I know that!" she puffed out her cheeks at Caitlin. "Versy's job is to..." Rhia's eyes slipped sideways and she smirked. "Erm, give you a comparison for how exceptionally well-behaved /I/ am?" She smiled brightly. Versy landed on the back of Caitlin's sofa, before hopping down onto the seat. She started rustling around with the cushions. Caitlin had drawn attention to it now by putting the cushions back - Rhia had no doubt she'd started something by throwing the cushion. Oops.

While Versy was rooting around in the sofa, gathering cushions and throws around herself and inspecting them for flaws or dirt which would make them inappropriate for the nest, Rhia watched Associate cleaning, finding it utterly bizarre. Like, she knew she'd never seen cleaners in the flat... But it just refused to go in somehow, the concept was so alien to her. Like. Caitlin cleaned up IMMEDIATELY. She'd TRAINED HER POKEMON, battle Pokemon no less, to sweep. What a cosmic waste of skill and time, in her opinion. Why restrain her Pokemon when she could just pay people? (Apparently, other people intervening in her environments to clean did not threaten her concept of independence.)

"So it's OK to have it be messy when there's only people?" Rhiannon asked, swinging her legs again and wondering why Caitlin looked distracted. Was she planning something? She looked deliciously evil. "Justification pleaaaaaaase. And honestly the estate Pokemon probably constitute pest control. Which is sad, because I enjoy having like fifty sentient cotton candy babies. Let them take over! I would legitimately cry when I was a kid, over the loss. Actual tears! My first experience of loss! I was thinking I'd transplant some of them over to Hawaii, but the point is more: chaos. Birds do what they want. Are all the birds in your aviary trained? But they can leave when they want, right? Do they just come back? How do you prevent new birds coming that aren't trained coming and impacting the behavioural systems you have in place to prevent them eating the bodies instead of taking them to the police station?" She paused, taking a moment to realise... She didn't actually care for the answer. She'd listen if Caitlin wanted to give an answer, and Caitlin might actually have a lot of answers to give, but if Caitlin answered every question that Caitlin had about her they would be there far past sunrise and Rhia was ACTUALLY here for a reason. Rhia could just store the questions. "Speaking of your birds, I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeee hiiiiiiiiiiiim." She whined expectantly, as though she fully expected Cait to understand what she meant.
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 02:44 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

It was just teasing but Caitlin could feel her hairline creep further up her head. Rhiannon did not care for Pokemon battles and in all likelihood, did not research Pokemon to the depth that Caitlin did. Most people did not, just like how Caitlin was not as aware of the technical fields that Rhiannon was. She knew what Caitlin was talking about it. Instead of the assessment on the Altaria being about what she physically was (that was not in dispute, she was partially blue, mostly cloud), the comment was covering what the Pokemon acted like. The Gym Leader told herself that she would need to get on top of this teasing sharpish if she ever saw Rhiannon more frequently. Her blood vessels would pop from the stress if she did not keep herself in check, no doubt. Perhaps she would need to look into acquiring the bird song of an Altaria for herself. "Did I say that though?" she stated, reiteration rather than question, "What you stated is not up for debate. It was a comment on how she behaves. You may not indulge in training, but have you considered hiring a trainer? I trust she does not smash your condiments at your home."

"I would know, actually" Caitlin responded, taking the obvious bait, "And you would know that too. Or I would expect you to know that. I am a well known consultant on Pokemon exactly like Versailles here ..." Interrupting playful cheek rubs and pats of the head, she jabbed a finger in the air towards the Altaria, indicating her as an example, "The majority of iconic behaviours of the Altaria breed are unlocked once a person has gotten close to them. Singing, affection and such what. Prior to that, they are not known for exhibiting aggressive behaviours like knocking over kitchenware. Let us say I am ... curious about her." As Caitlin twiddled her thumb and forefinger, she knew that was only half true. Any deviance from the norm was going to intrigue her but she was also still mad about the mess on her floor.

Caitlin squinted, reconciling the nicknames 'Ami' and 'Roo' with the Pokemon that she had seen around Rhiannon. One was the Dragonair? Poor thing looked utterly fed up with her existence. Rhiannon did tease her about evolution, her mind skipping back to a text exchange which included a video of the Dragonair batting away a phone when the question was brought up. The Pokemon acted more like an adult than its owner, although such rapports were not unheard of. Roo was ... Roo ... Caitlin wrinkled her finger in her ear, tinnitus picking up. He needed a muzzle. "The Noivern nearly busted my ear drums last time we met" she highlighted, "As unruly as Versailles, I would say. As for the Dragonair, I will give you that one. She appears to be well behaved. Happy though? Maybe not." Her eyes rolled. This woman giving her lessons on Pokemon. Good grief. "Well done. A gold star for Pokemon Natures 101. That is only the start of things. Behaviour is as much moulded by outside factors like environment and ..." Caitlin said, a sideways glare at Rhiannon's grinning mug, "... the people they commonly encounter. Mess is never good. I would advise taking note of that."

Like anyone who was full of themselves, a good way to get into Caitlin's good books was to give her an opportunity to talk (at length) about a subject she knew a great deal about. Rhiannon's point about the birds in her aviary was such a topic. She took in a breath. Her guest had asked a lot of questions in a short space of time, questions that the Gym Leader was happy to cover at length. Sitting down on top of one of the cushions (only as a counter measure to Versailles' investigations), Caitlin started at the top of that list. "Some are trained. You attract them with the promise of food and after a few return visits, they wise up to where it is all coming from and how to conduct themselves if they need more." she began, "Some come back. Some do not. My team I tend to keep out of their containers, so they come back. I designed the place to encourage return visits and even house some flocks. So I hope that works." Caitlin did not respond to the point about the bodies, favouring to allow the silence to reflect the fact that she wanted to let the subject die.

Rhiannon's whining caused Caitlin to shuffle back in her seat, the edge of a cushion popping out from beneath her bottom. "Him? Who exactly?" she asked.
PM
^
Rhiannon Alcott
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 04:43 PM
Rhiannon Alcott

PLAYED BY Feel

BERRIES 1830

POSTS 397

"Yooooouuu saiiiiid Altaria do not behave like Versy. Which either means she isn't behaving like other Altaria or that you're using as an identifying characteristic to segregate her from an Altaria, making her an entirely separate species and using Altaria as a comparison. Mostly unfavourably. Whiiiiiich, given your ooooobvious suuuuuperiorrrr bird knowledge means you could probably re-identify a species for me. So you weren't specific enough and IIIIIII'm hilarious. Tee-why! Also- What? Training?" Rhia snorted. "Ummmmm are you offering? Because if so, aaaand only if it's you because ew, other people, that's hilarballs. You are currently the least capable person in America right now for getting her to behave. Because she'll normally just ignore people which gets rid of pretty much anyone who would ever try and persuade her, but she is clearly just..." she trailed off, sucking her breath between her teeth, lightly covering her lips with her fingertips briefly. "...Whatever this is?"

Smiling sweetly, she indicated the Altaria, who had been tugging on the cushion under Caitlin for the last ten seconds and the moment Caitlin had moved had redoubled her efforts, her neck straining with a pull motion. "But legit-" she grinned. "-you are so right. I would 6000% pay to watch you and her have a glare off at the gym and honestly I'm getting crazy free content right now so yaaaa Cait, I have considered it. Thank you so very much for bringing this wondrous concept to my attention." She started to sound like someone who had just interviewed Caitlin. "I will make sure to get back to you with my preliminary results, I will confer with all my colleagues, if you want to ask for feedback for future pitches, you should know we don't really offer detailed feedback at this stage, and if your idea is adopted we'll definitely let you know, we'll send a message through your secretary, you can put it on your CV-" at this point she just dissolved into giggles. The idea of Caitlin doing an interview and having a CV was just ridiculous to her. Probably ridiculous to them both. There was no doubt in Rhia's mind that Caitlin didn't even bother involving herself with the vast majority of hiring decisions - she had a HR department for that. Like, it wasn't even on Catilin's radar at this point. Rhia was giggling so much she actually was having a little trouble breathing and the dragon actually stopped pulling on the cushion for a moment to glance back at her owner. Just to check whether she was actually dying. Then Versy started nudging Caitlin's leg, as a new tactic, before puffing up her feathers in an attempt to make herself look intimidating and tell Caitlin that the cushion was HERS.

It didn't work. The only thing she could have done to make herself more endearing would have been to use cotton guard.

"Ok. Ok. Phew."
Rhiannon started taking deep breaths, before reaching down and gently tugging on Versy's tail to get her attention. "So the best thing you can do to make her leave you alone is to just act really boring and normal." Versy clearly wasn't heeding her suggestion. She was still puffy. "Oi. Fluffy. Are you listening to me? Oh my god you're so cuuuute when you puff up like that." The woman bit her knuckles before looking over and down at Caitlin. "I'm trying to stop myself dragging her away and into a smush because she's being mad and that's mean to ignore that? But I really wanna, you know?" The woman slid off the back of the sofa and down to the other side of the sofa beneath her, opposite to Caitlin, with Versy in between them. The sofa was wide enough that there was more than enough space. It would have dominated any ordinary living space. With her back horizontally on the cushions and her legs up in the air, swinging over the top of the sofa, Rhia looked over at the two of them. "Thank you! I love gold stars. I love all stars, and gold, aaaaand anything shiny really. So this positive reinforcement is SUPER appreciated. Do-you-have-them-on-you-now?" she asked quickly, doing a half-crunch as though she would actually get up to go get them. Motivation.

"Mess is NEVER good? Dayum. My mind is fucking BLOWN right now Cait. I think I need to like, lie down for a while, have a nap, eat my weight in cheetos, process this thoroughly. Mess. Bad. What an alien concept. How will I ever sleep now with all this time taken up cleaning after myself? Something has got to go. Sorry Versy, it's gotta be you, pal. You're not pulling your weight anymore. I'mma donate you to Caitlin's really stupid intern that can't use spellcheck when he does reports on Fridays because he's too busy sexting - is that what you want?" The bird didn't ignore her this time, it hopped over toward Rhia and, in lieu of actually hurting her, which Versy simply wouldn't do, she started pecking at Rhia's hair and pulling out the bobby pins that kept her hair in the elaborate updo it had been styled in for the evening. "Wahhhhhhh whyyeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Rhia wailed, flailing her hands at the dragon to stop her, who simply wailed back in a pitch-perfect imitation as if genuinely mocking and batted her back Rhia's hands with its wings. "Reggie-Regent! I mean Regent! Ahhhh I'm being abuuuuuuuuused heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeee." Rhia whined, still mock-fighting with her bird, who had extracted at least half a dozen pins, which had been duly dropped onto the carpet. Curls were being freed left right and centre and Rhia couldn't see a damn thing.
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Cochran
 Posted: Jan 18 2017, 03:04 PM
Caitlin Cochran
Transient 30 Gym Leader

PLAYED BY Yamakaze

BERRIES 475

POSTS 354

Caitlin shook her head, peels of messy, blonde hair swaying from side to side. She slumped in her seat, posture dropping so her head was just above the back of the sofa. Her arms stretched open across the back. It was far too early (or late, for Rhiannon, she guessed) to be having a discussion over semantics. At least she would be able to keep up with Caitlin, although she was just taking cheap shots to annoy her. "No. Just no. No. No." Caitlin refuted, "That is wrong. You have made a huge leap in logic. Her exhibiting characterisitcs outside of the norm does not make her a different breed of Pokemon anymore than ... than ... you turning up at my doorstep at this hour makes you less human. Normally, it does not happen. But other characteristics exist that mean that you and Versailles are what you are." She groaned, looking over at Rhiannon's grinning face and shook her head lightly. "But of course, you already knew that. And yes, I do have superior Flying Pokemon knowledge to you. I do not think that is up for debate." the gym leader huffed.

"Yes."Training." she replied, mimicking Rhiannon's huffing noise like a petty child. Pausing when asked if she would accept training her Pokemon, Caitlin could feel the question posed like a spring trap. Replying to it would only invite further ridicule, more from the Pokemon than their owner. Although she would certainly be likely to get a few licks in after Rouen would shatter all the glass at the Gym or Versailles sat around and cooed. However, she could not lose face and maybe stubbornly, Caitlin believed there was a way she could win the Pokemon over to her. She had handled worse. "Sure. Why not. I will train them." she shrugged, "Least capable indeed. As if any Joe Schmoe off the street would do any better."

Caitlin's eyes followed the gaze of Rhiannon's that were focused on the Altaria pulling a cushion from under Caitlin. Rolling her eyes, the Gym Leader adjusted her weight and allowed the cushion to break free, hitting the Altaria with a soft thump. "There. Have it." Caitlin said, resigned to the Pokemon having its way, "Free content? You mean the gym stream? Or the cameras? You have not hacked into them, have you? Great. i have a stalker. How endearing." Either could have been viable options with this person in mind. She had mentioned watching the gym stream at length before. Rhiannon also had a devious habit with technology, so who knew. Caitlin would have preferred the former option. Even with the feelings she had for her, privacy at this stage was still something was keen to protect.

"Your people ... you do not have ..." Caitlin attempted to respond, in between fits of giggles, "Feedback? Stages? What. What are you on about? I think I have ..." The culmination of the giggles caused Caitlin to look away. She did not laugh in that way at all or often in any way, unless it was at the expense of another. This did allow her to take in the comical sight of Versailles puffing herself up in an attempt to frighten Caitlin. Conversely to the perilously established fact about her and mirth, Caitlin did let out a single, short laugh at the sight. "That is adorable. Simply adorable." she said, brushing the sight aside, "I have seen more terrifying things from gym trainers, I really have.I am sure you make an ideal cushion however."

Rhiannon changed position, using the sofa in a method entirely different to its intended use. Caitlin gazed at her with a slightly open mouth. "No, I do not. And sit on there properly." she asked, expecting her request to fall on deaf ears, "The intern. Sexting. Hmmm. Interesting. I do not know is name. i mean, why would I? He is not important. I will look at that." Filling the notion away for the time being, Caitlin knew she had to call the person who was in charge of the intern to keep a good eye on him. The kid was not being paid in anything physical (good old exposure), but the image of him cleaning bird muck off the roof of the gym buildings did seem like suitable punishment.

"That you have brought upon yourself" Caitlin smiled, indicating the mess of hair and pins being made by the Pokemon, "What did I tell you? Unruly. Untrained. I do not think I can help this one at all. Or maybe I do not feel like it. Watching you squirm for once is just too priceless. Oh yes. Regent." She cursed herself for quasi-promising a look of the Ho-oh to Rhiannon, as she would not drop it until she had seen him. "Fine" Caitlin moaned, getting up and moving across the room to her bedroom, "We will need to head upstairs, obviously. I hope he does not draw too much attention." Pausing the the bedroom doorway to admire Versailles' work on ruining her hair, Caitlin developed a smug smile and disappeared behind the doorway.

"Keep at it, Versailles!" she encouraged, "Keep that up and I think we will get on just fine."
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll