Posted: Oct 7 2014, 02:12 PM
Boss Linsey
Admin 25 Probably Crying
addicted to high fives

PLAYED BY Linsey

BERRIES 3815

POSTS 797

Instructions
Hi there! So you're interested in making a character for Holographic. Let's provide a little more detail to help you on your way.

Here on Holographic, one of our main focuses is to build complex and noteworthy characters that still read as entirely human. In order to build a character that fits on the site, please review all of our info pages and follow the instructions below. Please keep in mind that we are a realistic site, so any character created for Holo should represent realistic and fully-formed qualities. Also keep in mind that we take place in the modern United States of America. Some traditional Pokemon world roles may not fit in, and some of the more fantastical Pokemon elements won't exactly fit.

All characters and their FCs must be 18 years or older.

REMEMBER you have five days to complete an application. Additional time can be requested for any reason, and extensions are 3 extra days each.

REMEMBER the criteria for posting a new application:

Once your application is accepted and processed, the first place to go is the claims. Secondary characters cannot be moved onto/will not be accepted until all of your claims are made. In addition, one in-character post is asked before moving forward to another character.

You can app with one free legendary OR one shiny if incorporated well. Megas and Ultra Beasts can't be apped with, though, and any legendaries/ shinies that you apply with cannot be traded to other characters (as they're written specific to the character you've applied with).

Registration
  • Please register in proper case using your character's name, i.e. "Ash Ketchum" instead of "ASH KETCHUM" or "ash ketchum".
  • You'll be asked for a nickname, this will be your preferred pseudonym.
  • After this, select the tentative state or user level for your character. This can be changed in the character's account settings later if necessary.
Formatting
  • When posting an application, please use the following guide exactly for the app title and subtitle:

FIRST NAME LAST NAME
    USER GROUP | AGE IN NUMBERS | OCCUPATION
  • Need help finding a face claim? Check out our FC Help thread here!
  • Holographic utilizes shipper applications which, as the name suggests, compiles both a character's application and shipper into one convenient location. Once processed, accepted characters' shipper applications will be moved to the appropriate forum and from then on they work like regular plotters for others to post in.
The Application

Holographic's application has three tabs to be filled out: About, Profile, and Shipper. A breakdown for each tab is given below. Please note, the Shipper tab is not considered for evaluation during the accepting process. The staff will not base any judgement of the application on the shipper tab. That being said, every tab must be completed before the application will be processed.

ABOUT:
  • This section is divided into two areas - the area above the pokemon section is about the character, the area below the pokemon section is about you, the writer.
  • An image of your character's face claim will go here. Application images should be 250x250 pixels.
  • Beneath your character's name is a space for a sentence, lyric, or member title. This can be a quote from the character, a song lyric that represents them, anything so long as it is indicative of the character. Try to keep this statement short, no more than one sentence. Long quotes can be separated into multiple lines, but no more than three, please.
  • Your character's User Group is the state your character currently resides in - choose any of the nine states in the Pacific League or put Transient if your character travels. If your character is Transient, their City of Origin should include the state and/or country of birth. For non-Transient characters, put the city they are currently living in. Please try to keep Occupations succinct, no more than four words if possible. On Holo, we try to encourage an environment that is representative of real life, Sexuality and preferences included - heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, questioning, demisexual, asexual, aromantic, grey-a, any combination of those and many still unlisted, all are welcome here. Please spell out your character's Age and list their preferred Pronouns.
  • Images of your character's active Pokemon team should be placed in the middle section provided using either the [*img] or <*img> tags. The maximum allowed is six. Sprites for the Pokemon can be found here. Please utilize this resource and only use unmoving sprites for your application and mini-profile images.
  • You, the writer's preferred Alias as well as Timezone, real Age, and preferred method of Contact should be listed in the lower area.

PROFILE:
  • This is where your character's application will go. The template provided allows for a freeform style of application, so do what you like! Traditional applications, letters, interviews, memories in first, second, or third person, past or present tense, it's all possible. We encourage exploring characters through creative applications that avoid sections about appearance, unless for specific reasons, so have fun with it and try something new! When writing an application, please write as much as you think is necessary for the staff to get a good look at your character - their personality, their motivations, what makes them tick and how they came to be this way. There is no specified length or word count, no one way of going about the creation of the character.
  • If using coding within the application, please be moderate and don't do anything to warp the template code. Try to keep extra coding simple and easy to read.
  • We ask that all applications be written with proper capitalization.

SHIPPER:
  • All information that would usually be found in a shipper should be included here. This includes but is not limited to: a character summary, sections for wanted friends, enemies, lovers, specific mentions of established relationships with characters on site, etc. Tell enough about your character here for others to get a grasp of their life and personality so plotting can happen! And, if they're interested in reading your character's full application, it's just a tab over for easy access.
  • If using coding within the shipper, please be moderate and don't do anything to warp the template code. Try to keep extra coding relatively simple and easy to read.
Pokemon Teams
Pokemon on Holographic replace animals, so having a full team is a lot of work that requires time and money to provide adequately for. Please only have as many Pokemon for your character as they could feasibly handle with their life circumstances. Not every character on the site has to have Pokemon - some people may dislike Pokemon the way people in real life dislike animals, so they don't keep any. Feel free to create characters without any Pokemon themselves if you feel so inclined.

Upon acceptance, every character will be given a randomized Pokemon by the admins. This Pokemon can be added to their active team, traded away, etc. If you would like to opt out of this randomized Pokemon, please say so in a post underneath your completed application.

On an OOC note, the pokemon you apply with is the Active Team (the max. of 6 pokemon displayed in your application and character profile) - which is a general representation of the pokemon your character has on their person at any given time. These are the pokemon your character travels with, and the ones that will need to adhere to state laws.

This does not necessarily have to reflect the pokemon a character battles with or uses, barring exceptional cases (such as trainers, who travel with their battling pokemon). Characters who are Gym Leaders or Breeders may use the Pokemon Development Forum to detail alternate teams and setups, if they so choose.

Keep in Mind

After acceptance if you would like to modify/make changes to your character's history in the profile tab, please message Khy/ Benny with the additions you would like to make to have them looked over and wait for approval before adding. This is to ensure that any changes made are within site canon and abide by the site rules.

Enjoy yourself! If you have fun writing your application, we'll have fun reading it.

PMEmail
^
Boss Linsey
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:54 PM
Boss Linsey
Admin 25 Probably Crying
addicted to high fives

PLAYED BY Linsey

BERRIES 3815

POSTS 797

CHARACTER NAME Quote, Lyric, Title
User Group Here City of Origin Here Job Here Sexuality Here Age Here Pronouns Here Face Claim Here
user posted image
OOC Name Here OOC Timezone Here OOC Age Here OOC Contact Here
Freeform Application Here
Shipper Information Here
PMEmail
^
Boss Linsey
 Posted: Aug 21 2015, 06:24 PM
Boss Linsey
Admin 25 Probably Crying
addicted to high fives

PLAYED BY Linsey

BERRIES 3815

POSTS 797

CODE
[dohtml] [applicantbase] [apptab1]

IMAGE HERE

[b]                             NAME HERE                             [/b]

<quote>                             QUOTE HERE                             </quote>

[mainuserinfo]<i>
                           USER GROUP HERE
</i><i>
                           CITY OF ORIGIN HERE
</i><i>
                           JOB HERE
</i><i>
                           SEXUALITY HERE
</i><t>
                           AGE HERE
</t><t>
                           PRONOUNS HERE